FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I was given a 5 hp clinton/ forward/neutral shift that runs great but will not go into neutral. I have pulled the powerhead off and determined the spring inside the clutch is broken. Can this spring be replaced, or where might one find a clutch? Thanks for your help.
It's been a while but last time I visited I got some great help locating a service manual for my 67' 80hp mercruiser/renault engine in my 67' reinell. The four-banger is now back in running condition and operable, thanks guys.
I am wondering if there is a service manual available for a 1961...
I am trying to restore a 1967 Reinell I/O with a Renault 4 cylinder engine. Does anyone out there have a parts/repair manual for sale or know where to find one? Seloc is no help, Renault is no help. I got the boat as a basket case, it has a rebuilt head, gasket set, etc. just waiting to be put...
I recently purchased a 1961 5hp seaking for 35 bucks. I was told it needs an impeller. It fired up on the first pull! You gotta love these old motors!Anyway, anyone out there know if I take the powerhead off to disengage the shifter or the lower unit? I have been told both scenarios and am a...