FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
So I took off the distributor cap to get to my oil cooler. And of course I made a first timer's dumb mistake - I didn't have the outline for the proper order of wiring leading to distributor ... and of course I got the arrangement incorrect and now - I think I killed my boat! When I turned the...
All hoses attached to thermostat as well as raw water pump have been removed and emptied out, except for the one attached to the raw water cooler (#11 on diagram). Is this part even accessible?
And as for the exhaust ports - all are rusted with the exception of the one "oil blow-by" port...
Hey guys, you know how sometimes you want to just give up, well I am filling like that right now. This is when I turn to you all for help. My 2002 VP 5.0 GL-C overheated terribly a couple months ago. Impeller was shredded and thermostat ugly. Both are replaced along with manifolds yet it...
I know, check the stickies for Volvo Penta - service manual. If it is the link to the VP website for manuals that's all well and good except I am having trouble finding a serial number match. So instead I have spent a good hour reviewing all the prior threads concerning manifold and riser...
See pics...how bad is it? What if I continue to run it? What would you do?
Back story: Boat was running well until it overheated. Did not know anything about boats then after a $500 Sea Tow I started to wise up. Impeller was completely shredded, (only bits were found!), this and the...