FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I recently purchased a 2018 Scout 177 Sport boat. I have installed a new Minn Kota Terrova Riptide 24 volt trolling motor.
I have three batteries on board (2 for the trolling motor and 1 for the outboard motor electrical system and wanted a good charging solution. I ordered a Minn Kota MK315D...
A friend of mine just gave me a 1964 Johnson JH19A outboard motor. The motor exterior looks really nice for its age. I thought it might be a nice motor to restore.
Overview:
The motor was locked up and the pistons were frozen to the cylinder walls. Tried several applications of PB Blaster...
Hi,
I am working on a 1958 Johnson FD-12 Outboard for a friend of mine.
It was froze up and I managed to get the engine to finally turn over. I inspected and adjusted the points to .020 on both cylinders and have spark.
I replaced all the fuel lines going to the water separator and external...