FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
A buddy of mine gave me a 2 HP early 70's model Johnson. It was missing the parts to turn the flywheel and the shut off valve. I got the rewind spring parts and got that working and I found a shut off valve from an old dirt bike. Its a bit longer than what the original looks like in the parts...
I aquired an old Clinton motor, has k500 on it. Had been sitting out for quite some time. It wouldnt pull either. When I took the spark plug off, there was water there. I know thats not a good sign. I emptied the water and flooded it with 2 cycle oil and sprayed the carb end with WD40...