FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a good running 1992 3 cylinder 60hp Johnson with cable controls. There is a 1996 3 cylinder 60hp Johnson of the same configuration for sale locally with a bad top end. I know that the bottom end is interchangeable with my 1992, what other parts interchange? Does the CDI and other ignition...
The motor is a 1993 Johnson 60hp 3 cylinder longshaft with power trim and tilt.
I have an intermittent electrical problem:
While under power the warning horn will start to make a bit of noise (not the full warning noise), this noise is not loud and varies with motor speed and if I try to...
I just had a look at a 35hp 1980 Johnson short shaft tiller motor today. Listed as in great shape all good to go. I brought my engine stand and muffs to check it out. Started and ran great, put it in forward not problem, tried to put in reverse and no good, no mater what I and the owner tried...
Should a 1988 20hp Evinrude have an air box (air silencer) or something on the intake side of the carb or does the carb just suck air strait in with nothing in front of it? I'm looking at a used 20hp and there carb is bare... looks odd but runs great. I used to have a 25hp Evinrude but I can't...
I'm looking for a motor for my Mk2 Zodiac. I've found a couple that look to be in good shape, one is a 1985 Johnson (exhaust doesn't go through the hub) and one is a 1988 20hp Evinrude (exhaust through the hub). With the different exhausts and the change in power ratings in the mid 1980's I'm...