FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I'm currently trying to determine a strange noise issue with a 2000 Mercury XR6 150hp V6. Grinding, rapping noise started about two weeks ago when I put the motor in gear, and wound up being that the gears were chewed up. Instead of rebuilding, I decided to just buy an entirely new lower unit...
I've got a 1998 75hp 3-Cylinder Mercury 2-Stroke (modeled by Tracker) on a Bass Tracker Pro Team 175. The motor has never given any major issues in the past. The only thing to fail has been a CDM for the #1 cylinder about 2 years ago. I originally thought it might have been the stator and/or...