FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
I've got a question regarding a motor I'm interested in purchasing, a 2014 50 HP Yahama 4 stroke...It was used at a local boat club on a 20 ft pontoon on the St Croix river in MN, so it racked up 1500 hours in 3 years. I asked the seller if the timing belt had been replaced per the manual (1000...
Now that the water leak in the powerhead case is corrected a few more have cropped up. Should I be concerned by any of these leaks? I think that lower leak was already there before I did the adapter plate seals, but a few of those upper leaks are new...
when I pulled my powerhead to replace the adapter plate seals I noticed the drive shaft looked a little choppy. I'll post a pic and let you guys tell me if I should be concerned. because of all the problems I've had getting it running I have yet to take it for a spin, but in the driveway going...
Wow, thanks for the detailed instructions @smodog. Because I've already rebuilt the fuel systems, carb, replaced the starter and solenoid, and replaced a trim switch, most all of that makes sense. I'll take a bunch of pics and maybe a video or two. Do you remember the part numbers on the two...
To my better judgement I purchased a 1986 Bayliner with a 1996 Force 50hp on the back. It was father's day and I've wanted a boat for awhile, but I was also on a budget. It started right up in the guy's driveway and I've never owned an outboard and didn't know what to look for. 3 months later I...