FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
This past weekend, had some steering issues and upon checking fluid level, it was way down. Added fluid and inspected pump where I found oil in the bilge and a drip every +/- 4 seconds coming from bottom of the pump/reservoir. I can't determine the source of the fluid leak, but there is...
So, I have a Chaparral 256 SSi with an engine cover hatch that doubles as a sun deck/walk through transom. The thing must weigh 300 pounds. The hinges are two small (about 3.5" diameter) chrome jobs that attach with two bolts on top to the hatch and on bottom to the back of the deck, just...
My oil pan rotted and I replaced it with an Aftermarket pan from basic power.com. Trouble is, the pan I bought is a 20 thread, where the original is a finer thread. I heard that prior to '96, Volvo used 1/2 x 20 bolts. Anyone else confirm this? I could use the solid bolt that. Ame with the...