FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1974 Evinrude 50 hp twin cylinder outboard that runs great .... until I shift it into gear with the Power Pilot shifter that came with the motor . It doesn't matter if I shift into forward or reverse . I get about one inch into the shift stroke and it dies just like I shut off the...
Hi Guys, I am going to change the fluid in the lower gear case of a 3 cyl 70 hp 1974 evinrude mechanical shift motor. I need to know how much 80 - 90 weight marine lube I need to pump in from the bottom drain screw .Also, should the motor be straight up and down or is it ok to have the motor...
Hello guys. I went to look at a Gale Sovereing 60 hp today. #s are 815961 - 60DE10BL . Owner wasn't sure on the year , said early 60s' . He said that the motor was sitting in a barn for 20 some years and had never seen salt water. And I have to say thats it's the cleanest motor from that era...
:confused:Hi: I just joined the site today . My name is Vincent and I bought a 45 hp Chrysler motor last week from a young man:confused: who said it needs a water impeller. The model # is 45631 and the serial # is 2484 . I got these numbers off of a metal plate located under the hood riveted to...