FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Recently acquired my grandfather's 'ol 5hp Johnson TD-20. A great little workhorse from what I've seen and read. I've read this was a very popular motor in its day, with many produced from '46 - '49. With that said, I'm having a bear of a time finding any shear pins for this motor. I've...
The owners manual to my "new" TD-20 shows 1/2 pint (8 oz) per gal. I've seen it stated here that a 24:1 or 4 oz per gal is the correct mix.
Can anyone clarify why the restated amount of oil? The motor does smoke a fair amount at the 8oz/1gal mix, but I don't want to damage the motor. Have...