FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I've got an old chrysler modified V. It's a project boat that sat outdoors in storage unprotected. It's got the old threaded drain plugs on the back.
To start with the bow has a casting deck that opens for storage that was leaking. There's no drain from the storage to the back of the boat. I...
Noticed it today when I raised my motor completely that I had a very small amount of water leaking from the flange. I had just dropped the lower unit to repair my shift solenoids. I was worried I screwed something up.
Also my lower unit has several small " weep " holes in it. When I hook it up...
Engine is stuck in forward. After searching I found the most common problem is the wrong fluid. I drained the fluid (yes it was the wrong fluid) and refilled with type C.
No change.
Checked resistence on blue shift lead and got 6 ohms. No reading on green lead.
With key on checked voltage on...
Hi all. I have a shifting problem too, but I searched and will try some things out first.
I know with my previous outboards, as long as the engine is running I had 2 steady streams of water jetting from the back. I just bought this boat/motor. Today I started it for the first time and didn't...