FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1996 Mercruiser 5.7 with an Alpha One gen 2 outdrive. I am hoping that the bit of milkyness I see under my oil fill caps is due to condensation over the winter and not something much worse.
To burn this off, I read here that the engine needs to be run up to operating temp for a period...
I have installed a 'smart' battery charger (NOCO Genius GEN2 20 Amp 2-Bank On-Board Battery Charger) and also a little hard-wired USB port/voltmeter.
The Noco is all green lights and has had no apparent problems but I am concerned that the little voltmeter sometimes reads as high as 14.3 volts...
If I remove the exhaust elbows and/or risers to get at the top of the y-pipe while the boat is in the water, am I going to sink my boat?!
It doesn't seem like it would but of course I have to ask.
I have a 1996 Mercruiser 5.7L in a 26' Bayliner. It has sea water cooling for the exhaust...
I cannot seem to find any manuals or diagrams for my steering wheel or an explanation of what the knob beneath the wheel does. I have loosened it until it feels like it will unthread and fall out but I honestly don't want to mess with it any further than that.
Does anyboday know and/or have a...
I am new to boat engines and can't identify the function of this actuator-like assmbly on the starbaord exhaust riser. I am beginning to troubleshoot an overheating issue and wonder if this thing has something to do with cooling. Sometimes the plastic actuator shaft is extended and now it is...