FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello I have a question regarding the wiring harness on my 500 thunderbolt mercury serial number starts with 648 can't remember the rest, its a 1984 switch box/coil type.
I am rewiring the harness and was wondering if I need the inline fuse currently on it, its on the red power supply wire? I...
Hello all, Ive been messing around with my 50HP for some time now.
It wont run WOT, it runs perfect until I push throttle all the way forward, it seems like it wont advance into high speed, or advance to full RPM. It doesn't sputter or miss, it just wont go to full RPM. The carbs are synced...
Hello everyone, I am trying to learn how to lync and sync my carbs and motor. I have taken apart carbs, cleaned them, set the floats, and installed the new gaskets in fuel pump and float bowl. It states in the manual to back the idle mixture screw 1 1/2 turns open. Thats the easy stuff....
Then...
Hello, I have a 1981 Mercury 50HP Thunderbolt 4 cylinder. I tested the volts and ohm's lastnight with a multimeter. When I tested the blue and blue/white wires from the stator the range in the book was 180-400 volts while cranking. The reading on the multimeter was 260 volts and then after a...