FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi,
My appologies for asking this common question but I've searched multiple forums and cannot find an answer.
I'm looking for the year of a Mariner 25hp with a serial #A119885. The serial number does not match anything I've found on the web. I found it is on a metal plate below the engine...
I have a 1970 16' Starcraft with a Mercury 65hp motor.
Trying to be safe when charging the battery while it's in the boat. Usually I pull the batteries out and charge them in the garage but I'm getting old and they're getting heavy.
Is it OK to leave the battery connected to the boats...
I have a 1970 65hp Mercury on a 16' Starcraft Super Sport V, deep V aluminim boat.
I lost my reverse today. The engine was running fine all day. When I put it in reverse, the engine rev's very high, the prop does spin strong in reverse, but I don't go anywhere. Forward and neutral work...
I have a '70 Mercury 65hp outboard that was sitting for 6 months. Last time I used it, it ran fine.
When I tried to start it today I could hear a slight "click", but that was it. I was holding down the choke button and turning the ignition key. Seemed like it was froze. I live in Phoenix so...
I have a 16 foot 1970 Starcraft Super Sport V boat powered by a 1970 Mercury 65 outboard with a Quicksilver model 2036 P17 propeller.
When I throttle up the bow comes out of the water and the engine dogs. At full throttle I go about 70 percent of its available speed. :mad:
I think I've got...