FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Does anyone know if the Solas Amita 4-Blade props are cupped or not?
Solas does not say clearly whether their Amita aluminum props are cupped, although it does state some of their ss props are. I have the Amita aluminum 12.5" x 19p version - it looks cupped to me but I'm not sure.
Thanks,
I have a couple of questions about this:
The tach on this boat does not work - pointer never budges. However:
The System Check lights in the tach flash in sequence as they should and the beep sounds, but very softly, so I assume it's working correctly - at least I hope so.
The charging...
This boat was purchased virtually new, but the 14x19 3-blade AL prop was slightly dinged - Prop #176215. The boat ran well, 42-44mph indicated with a load of 750lbs.
I wanted a spare prop, and a little more pulling power and smoothness, and didn't care about top speed. We use it mainly for...
Hello Fellow Boaters:
I have a prop question: We bought a virtually new 2005 Stratos 170FS (16' Fish/Ski, basically a bass boat), with a 2005 Johnson 115 HP 2-stroke J115PLSOR, and the existing prop is a 14"x17P 176215 Johnson OEM.
The boat is fast enough for me, gets to 45mph quickly with...