FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I keep fouling plugs in my 1973 Evinrde outboard, I am running the recommended oil to gas ratio. The plugs seem to have a lot of oil on them, and when I first start the motor up it smokes a lot. should I use a little less oil. Thank You
I have a 1992 60 hp merc, I was running down the river when suddenly the motor just stopped. I fired it right up and away we went. 100 yds. down the river it did it again. When I got it home I was lookig for the problem when I saw stream of water squirting out of a round part with #19074-c with...
Motor won't start when it is cold, I can hear the choke solenoid clicking but I'm not sure if it is actually working. To start the motor I have to spray a little ether in it, then it will start the rest of the day just fine.
The motor won't start when the motor is cold, I can here the choke solenoid clicking but I'm not sure if it is actually doing anything. I can spray a little ether in it and it will start right up and will start right up every time the rest of the day. It's almost like the choke isn't working. I...
I just bought a little river boat with a 60 merc. on it. I don't know the year of the motor, I can barely make out the serial #. I think it is od162906. If any one can help me I sure would appreciate it.