FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
As the title says, I have a 89 Johnson Colt 1.2 that is not getting a spark. I don't see a kill button that may be grounded. Are there points in there or is it a CD system? Looking for advise. Thanks.
I just acquired this outboard and cannot see any ID of what make, model or year. The gas tank says Craftsman, but it looks like if came off a lawnmower. I cleaned the carb out, and it fired right up and runs like a champ. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
The 1.2 I just acquired has the pull cord rewind spring undone. I think that is why the previous owner let it go. It seems to be in one piece. I tried a few times to rewind it and have not had much luck. Is there a trick that I am missing? Any advice will greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Hi guys, I recently got hold of an older Johnson outboard. The person I got it from did not know the year od hp of the motor. The MOD is JCOCEB and the ser is B 7822796. Is this a good little motor? It looks like new>
Thanks
I have a 1970 Evinrude 4hp weedless model that runs hot. I changed the impeller. Does the fact that I am running it in a 5gal bucket affect it's ability to get enough water? Also does this engine have a thermostat or something else that may be clogged preventing enough water for proper...
I am the new owner of a nice older 4 hp Evinrude that has a model and ser # 4006E-E03798 and I was wondering if anyone can tell me the year. This motor will only run with the choke pulled out about 1/3 of the way. Can someone steer me in the right direction to get it running better. Also, I...