FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
When re-assembling after a difficult water pump rebuild, I messed up coordinating the cam rod and shift rod orientation. Both rods are in place and connected at the shift rod joint, but I don't know what gear the system is in currently, nor whether the cam rod is facing in the wrong direction...
I need to change the impeller on my 2-year-old Tohatsu 6HP SailPro.
I have the Service Manual and have followed the instructions.
I removed the rubber grommet and loosened the shift rod joint bolt, and the two rods can now move independently and freely.
I have removed the two gear case...
I am connecting my SeaTalk ST60+ devices to my new A70D chart plotter. I am installing and wiring the NMEA0183 data interface, new transducer, etc., and have one minor question.
To make the install work, I need to extend the Power cable that comes from the three daisy-chained ST60+ devices. The...
After replacing a worn impeller, re-assembly became impossible because the drive shaft won't insert all the way. I have tried everything I can think of.
This morning I tried to insert the drive shaft ONLY without even a bothering with the shift linkage clamp. I turned the lower unit 90 degrees...