FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
If I'm in the wrong place with this post I apologize! Here goes I have a 1986 astroglass 175 v that I am trying to mount a 1990 force 90 hp motor on. The problem is the boat had a 150hp merc on it and two sets of holes in the transom. Earlier in the day when I tried to mount the motor on the...
Hi all I just purchased a 1986 17 ft astroglass 175v! The previous owner took the mercury motor and controls off the boat. My boat is a 16 ft delta with a 70hp evinrude could someone tell me if this is going work on the astroglass! What all would I have to do to make the evinrude work on the...
I purchased this motor from my cousin he was told it needed a starter solenoid! So I put one on it and now all it does is click when you turn the ignition, bought a new battery and it still does the same thing.Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts that could help me get this motor running. I...
I have done everything that has been suggested and I still can't get my engine to start! Only thing it does when you turn the key is click at the solenoid! I have taken heed to all replies from my first two posts and I am still at groun zero, does this mean its time to see a boat mechanic? I...
i checked my solenoid with a test light and it was lighting everywhere with the exception of the cable going to the starter and i get a clicking sound when i turn the key over! could someone tell me if the solenoid is wired wrong or is it a bad solenoid(purchased in july this year). i also need...
I put a new starter solenoid on the motor but the only thing it does when you try to start it is click! Can someone please help been told it needs a starter and been told it could be the wires. If anyone knows anything that would get me pointed in the right direction I would greatly appreciate...