FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
has anyone ever torn into a trigger assembly for this motor? the wires on mine were coroded all the way to the "horseshoe" and into the insulation. I replaced the wire insulation all the way to the trigger but no fire afterwards. I believe that further inside the trigger insulation the coroded...
I have just replaced magnita, and have good spark.....have just rebuilt carb....but motor wont fire. How do i know if carb is working properly? I have removed carb while still connected to pressurized tank but can't see gas spray coming from rear port. When I tilt the carb to one side gas drips...
I came into a old pontoon boat and moved the 1974 Johnson 35hp pusher motor over to my jon boat. After rewiring and a checking it over good, it started right up after 10 + years of sleep. This motor ran great all summer and still does. I noticed that when the cowel was off, exhaust smoke came...
I have a 1968 Mercury 1000ss inline 6, (100hp). My serial number is 2411649
How do I know if my motor is a K model. My motor has Kiekhaefer on the original front of the motor. When I look up my motor under k models, I see other models (such as 1100ss) but there isn't a 1000ss under k models. I...
I have 3 (6 gallon) metal gas tanks for a mercury outboard (2 stroke) on a pontoon boat. I want to put them into containers, or into the storage areas below the furniture. I have heard the dangers of tanks, venting etc. but am not sure what applies. I can install vents in either plastic storage...
Vacation this year involved a month of building a 30' pontoon boat and fitting a 1970 Merc 100hp (model 1000ss). Finally with 3 days of vacation gone this week. We took her out yesterday, and the boat and motor ran great. Started quick and ran smooth. I noticed a little leaking around the...
I came into this family heirloom reciently. When I took the top off, there is a right angle port (about 1/4 to3/8") with no hose attached. What's this? I can't find any unattached hoses anywhere, and the manuel doesn't show it. Any help will greatly be appreciated.
(FYI: Good Job Mr...