FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Thanks guys, sorry just saw this. Drained LU oil, all green and mild shavings. Motor mounts seem solid.
It appears to come in above 3000RPM and maybe come on quicker as I trim. Today, for the first time I had a “surge” at WOT and I backed off real quick scared it was gonna blow. Engine...
Hello all, I need some serious help. 2015 etec 90HP, 277 hours.
Above around 3000RPM I’m getting a noise. Hard to tell if it’s powerhead or lower unit.
It’s intermittent and doesn’t really follow a trend or pattern. Best I can explain it, sounds like something loose hitting the hull...
Upgrading from a Jon boat, I wanted a little bigger and center console. I went and looked at it, and it looks nice. But I dont know enough about them to make a good call.
Its a 2000 Key West 1720 Sportsman, with a 2000 Johnson 90HP 2stroke. The lower unit was replaced recently, with a brand...
Hello everyone, I'll try to keep this brief. Acquired this engine with a small john boat, previous owner was very clear about potential seal issue. Said lower unit seals are "bad" and gear lube leaks. He stated that everything runs fine and that he just replaces gear lube every 5-6 trips, and...