FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I've got a friend who has a 1974 Starcraft 16ft. aluminum. Its rated for 85hp. He needs a motor and found a 140hp, and was wondering if he could install that motor without causing damage to the boat. The boats transom is in good shape, and the boat is solid. Should he do it?
I'm looking for a 7 inch fixed, wedge style pedestall for a 1985 Starcraft. I've looked everywhere I could think of, and all I come across is economy pedestal, or Swivl-Ez power pedestal, the 13 inch model. I've got the wedge bases, and need to get lower, my legs dont fit under the counsel...
I believe I have a 72 65hp. The problem I'm having is the rod that inserts in the lower end of the motor that engages the locks. It has a spring on it and I don't know where it goes. I put the rod in place, and it won't engage into reverse. Take it out and it shifts like a dream. With the...