FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hay folks I think I need some advise on Props/pitch or something else?
I have a Volvo Penta 5.0GL with a SX outdrive. Just did maintenance on outdrive - oil looked brand new no junk or water.
Now what I am seeing is high RPM's on the motor - 5K (6K Readline) and ~40MPH. (origional boat...
Help!
I have a 1998 Volvo Penta SX Cobra (5.0GL Engine) Hydraulic Cylinder Leak!
I have looked everywhere for a rebuild seal kit but even Sierra Technical support don't have anything.
The is coming from one of the cylenders right where the shaft comes out of the cylinder...very slow small leak...
Hello all, I have a:
1998 Four Winns Horizon Limited Sport
Model: HRS-A98 --> HORIZON RS 10 STANDARD 1998 ? 18 Foot
Engine: 5.0 GL Model: 502BPBYC
OutDrive: Volvo Penta SX Cobra
Prod#3868883 (maybe 3868283?) Ratio 1.60
Now I am feelnig what I believe to be stiff cables on the Forward/Reverse...