FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
Hello! I have a 1995 Mercury 200 2.5L XRi. Took it out in January and it ran great. Stored it out outside until recently and tried to tilt the motor up to move the boat, but the battery was dead. Used the manual override to lift the motor up just to move the boat, had the battery recharged, and...
I'm back. I measured compressions again (without really warming up the engine) and got:
Top: ~88 psi
Middle : 0 psi
Bottom: ~89 psi
I tried the pencil thing and found that none of the rods were broken. Then I took the exhaust cover off and had a look. By the way, does anyone know the torque...
Alrighty! First post on the forum! I am pretty new to the boat-owning world, but my family typically had one when I was growing up. I have a 1988 90 HP Mercury outboard (3 cylinders) on a 16' Checkmate Predictor. One of the previous owners removed the oil injection, so now it just runs on...