FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I accidentally took the screw out of the top cover and released the starter spring. Does anyone have a procedure to get it back in it looks very difficult. Model is 2102a and it is a 1971. Any help appreciated.
I have inherited a pristine 1.2 Sears 1974 outboard made by Tanaka. It is a TOB-12B. I have realized there are very few parts available to repair it. One issue i am having is with the ignition. I pulled the flywheel an cleaned and gapped the points which are in good shape. I set the timing as...
I've inherited a Sears Tanaka outboard..1.2. it has been carefully stored for 30+ years. I'd like to use it. What precautions should I take before starting? Any advice appreciated.