FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Got them both off without damage. Thanks for the inspiration.
I lightly tapped outward in numerous locations with a flat tipped punch. Did this several times in all outward directions.
As I was walking out of my shop, my eye caught a plier-type oil filter wrench I had failed to put away from the...
Recently purchased a 2001 boat with twin Alpha One Gen 2 drives. Changing anodes as routine maintenance. The prop shaft anodes are so corroded they are fused to the outer rim of the prop shaft seal. I got the small retainer bolts out. Can’t pull the anode off.
Question: Is it worth the risk to...
Hoping to hear some recommendations or criticism of manifold brands soon. Barr, GLM, Sierra, Mercruiser, others? I know Merc ceramic coated will be best, but is that worth the near double the price?
I just changed the lower unit water pump on my Alpha One Gen One.
How important is is the oring on the top of the shaft? I have heard different opinions.
some have said it was later deemed unnecessary by Merc.
Any mechanics know of a TSB about that?