FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello,
I suppose this has been asked here a million times before but here goes. A bit of background. last year I bought two 1967 Mercury 650's. A short shaft, and a long shaft. The long shaft was an "extra" motor the PO had laying around and wanted gone from his yard. I do not know what...
Hello again everyone,
I got such great advice the last time I posted a question here, I thought I'd ask another. The Force motor on my Bayliner has about zero compression, so I am looking into replacing it. I have a line on a Mercury 65 HP 4 cylinder motor. Everything I have research thusfar...
Hello again everyone!
I have a silly question here. My 35 HP Force is toast, that's to say that the compression is shot on both cylinders. Can I buy a larger power head (new or used) -- say a 50 HP and attach it in the existing housing, and to the lower unit? Will it fit under the 35 HP cowl?
Don
Hello everyone,
I have just purchased a 1989 Bayliner Capri 1500 boat, motor and trailer. The boat itself appears to be in pretty good shape. No visible signs of rot or blackend fiberglass in the bildge area. Transom is very solid, does not move when "levering" the lower unit on the motor. A...