FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1985 mercruiser 470(3.7l) and am going to do a compresion check so I might as well replace the spark plugs while I'm at it. I thought a quick web search would give me the number to get, but I can't seem to find what plug to buy. I don't need an expensive platinum, just your basic plug...
I going to order the 91146A Ignitor II DELCO 4 for my Mercruiser 470 and thought from what I read that it might be a good idea to upgrade the coil??? Which Flamethrower should I get? Ohms? model? Also any suggestions on spark plug wires?
One of the reasons that I'm doing this is that while in...
My Mercruiser 470 idles fine, revs fine and goes into gears but when I took it to the lake and it would only get to about 2.5k rpms and it would start to cut out and almost die. After it had almost stalled out and the rpms got lower it would sometime back fire a little. When not in gear the...