FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
Hi Folks
I have a 1968 9.8Hp merc and have no spark. I changed and set the points (020") ans still have no spark.
I took it apart again and checked continuity and found the coils are grounded and I can figure out why.
Any advise???
Denis
Hi I'm Denis
I have a 3L OMC with a cooling problem.
First of alll what should this engine be running at on the TEmperature GAuge?
It was showing 180 so i did the following things to help correct it.
1. I replaced the impeller in the lowere unit.
This did not change the temp readings on the...
I have a 1988 Johnson 120 hp
This spring I was having a hard time to start it. It would burp and puter then die.
I was told to remove the bottem screws on the carbs and pump fresh gae throuth them.
This worked for a while. I found the motoer would cough once and a while at higher speed.
I clean...