FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Good day all...
I am doing some prop calcs for a 30 ft 8600 lb sailboat with a 26 hp low rpm engine. I have several props and pitches for the above, but I do not know what their shaft rpm would have been (not the crank). I even have a variable pitch for the fat 50 and other early Evinrude...
Will be rebuilding at least one if not two 40 hp early 1960s Evinrude starter motors. Anyone have any ideas on where I might find bushings and brushes (I assume they're brushed)?
Have the same question on their belt driven generators as well.
Thanks
Dave
Doing twin install on a 27 ft sailboat but twins are for redundancy... Anyone know how to calculate what pitch prop will give me a 6 knot hull speed at 1/2 throttle on either one of a '59 35 hp or a '62 40hp Evinrudes?
PS, it had a little 12 hp Chysler 280 Sailor and reportedly would provide...
Will be doing a twin installation of two vintage (a '59 35 and a '62 40hp) on a 27 foot sailboat... I'd like to figure out some generic tach setup (low end automotive maybe?) to monitor prop pitch changes and best fuel econ study. (twin install is not for power... just for redundancy on great...
I am considering converting a older "water Winnebago" ('87 27ft Bayliner Buccaneer Sail, OB powered) into a "poor man?s motor sailor". The stern is relatively vertical and with minor modifications will lend itself to an small I/O installation.
I do not intend to plane at all, but would like to...