FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1985 70 hp Evinrude. I took it out today to check some other issues, and a mechanic suggested I check at the battery for any A/C current. He said if I was getting more than 1/2 a volt at the battery, i needed to replace my rectifier. My digital meter would flash 16 then 11 then 8 then 2...
I recently bought a 1985 1860 with a 70 hp evinrude knowing the boat would need some work. The boat sat for 2 yrs before I got it. The motor originally had VRO, but it has been removed. The engine was gone through before I got it by a mechanic. I have made progress in geting the motor to run...