FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just picked up a barely-used 2006 Yamaha 50TLR (2-stroke with power tilt/trim) and swapped out the 704 control it came with for a 703 control. The 10-pin harness plugged straight into the motor, and I thought that was it for necessary connections; however when I hooked up a battery and turned...
I have been looking for a used-but-in-great-shape 40 hp Nissan/Tohatsu. Haven't found many options (most are too old for me to consider fresh and reliable), but I did find one at marine store which has "0 hours on a fresh rebuild." The story is that it came in a couple years back seized up (not...
Re: Exceeding max HP: 40 HP 2-stroke on a Mercury 430 Heavy Duty?
SeaRider, R&O had mentioned the "plastic boots" separating between the transom and the tubes; I do not think he was talking about the rubber triangles (which on my boat are slack and do not appear to be structural). I did not get...
I just bought a new Mercury 430 Heavy Duty (PVC), for which the maximum power as stated on the hull is 30 HP (189 lbs, I believe). I am running a Mercury 20 right now, but looking at adding quite a bit of gear (a rail system to hold 4 seats and scuba or camping gear, etc). I haven't yet loaded...