FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1983 gamefisher 7.5 HP motor with a broken lower unit here is the model # 217-586751.
I was wondering if the the lower unit from a 1982 model #217-585750 is compatable. Anyone knowing this answer or know where I can find out please let me know.
Thanks
David
The motor starts fine and runs well for a while. Tops out at 36 MPH with light or heavy loads on a 16' alum. hull. After a while, 15-20 mins, the motor will bog down and slow to about 20 mph. Sometimes it does this at throttle up, motor won't push boat out of the hole.
I've had this engine...
I have a late 60's plexi (or poly) windshield that is structurally sound, but I can't see through it in bright sunlight or rain. There is some haze and a ton of fine scratches that make it difficult to see through in the above conditions. Anyone have a solution, product or cure to this...