FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just bought a 96 Tracker with a Force 40 on it. When I went out for the first time boat started right up, and idles fine but when I get to full throttle it will bog down or stall. After trying a couple times I gradually get it to full throttle and it runs like a champ. Each time it took two to...
I have an early 60's 50 horse Mercury. The two questions i have are where is the drain plug located for the lower unit and should I use gear oil or lubrication grease?
I have a 62' Lynn Craft with a Mercontrol. Was fine and then I put it in reverse and when I went to go back into neutral the contol is stuck. Even when I disconnect the cables from the motor it still won't go into neutral. What could be the problem and how do I fix it? Handle is about an inch...
I have a Mercury 500 which I believe is a 1961. I can't find a pee hole anywhere. I have looked pretty much everywhere for a rubber hose leading to a hole and nothing. A boat shop I talked to said it could be possible that it being that old that it doesn't have one. Could this be correct. Have...
This is my first boat and really don't know much about them. I can't find a tattle tale hole. I have read that some of the early Mercury motors did not have one. I believe mine is either a 64 or 65. Would it have a tattle tale hole. Motor runs very well and does not seem to be getting hot. I ran...