FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
1976 140HP MerCruiser I/O -- we've now replaced the slave solenoid to get it started, it's throttling, new bilge pump and switch, almost ready for the lake.
Current problem: The power trim solenoid clicks, but nothing's happening. We replaced the solenoid this morning, but maybe something's not...
Re: 1976 MerCruiser 140 HP won't throttle
Ok after checking the cable that connect to the throttle this is what I found.
These 2 cables, marked by the green arrows, move.
Nothing in this area near the carburetor moves at all, marked by the red arrow.
What does that mean?
Thanks everyone!
Thanks to this forum, we replaced a slave solenoid and got our 1976 MerCruiser 140 HP I/O running -- now turns over every time! No major injuries, fires or explosions for non-mechanics!
Our new problem is this: the engine keeps running in neutral and when put in gear. Prop spins slowly. No RPM...
My girlfriend and I just purchased a 1976 VIP inboard/outboard speed boat to fix up and hopefully get out on the water this summer.
The boat wont start it just makes a singular "Click" when I try and turn it. After running a few test I think it may be a connection issue or the silinoid. I was...