FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello! Just wanted to say thank you so much for all your help!! After a lot of work (for somebody who’s never really done electrical wiring) we got spark!! We turned it over and it roared to life for a half second (no water input so didn’t want too run it too long).
Ended up being the condenser...
Alright! Finally got it done.
Here are my findings :
Touching NEG / POS on Coil : 1.2
High tension core 6.04
Points/condenser test : between 80 and 180 (points closed / touching)
I was unable to get any readings with points open / not touching my meter only gave me a number 1 on the far...
completely agree. Thankfully parts are plentiful and cheap , if the motor runs I will start inspecting further, I think it’s just the idea of getting it back on water all those years later that makes it worth it :D
So I finally got to check today, measuring 12v on POS & NEG of the coil, so that checks out. I have the points & condenser on order, since I believe they have not been changed since we owned it way back then (unless the thieves changed them..)
Will start tracing wires tonight. Thanks
i will change the coil and see if that was the issue, was not aware that the negative was not supposed to be powered but it seems obvious now that you mention it . Much appreciated!!
Hey!! Long story short, back in 2009 our 1976 Starcraft with a OMC 2.5 was stolen, and finally this year in 2022 we found it sitting in the bush!! It’s a darn disaster but its so fantastic to finally see it again after having forgotten about it!
Whoever stole it, messed everything up. I got the...