FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Continuing this project, I have replaced all of the broken gears
and tagging along but I just cant figure out how to separate the lower shaft and upper shaft
the original broken upper shaft is 21 inches now i have a 25 inch which i need to separate from the lower shaft
so i can use the lower...
Hey guys, soory for the delay but i finally had time this weekend to remove the lower unit.
I see the reverse gear and pinion gear are destroy. Also the shaft from the engine to the lower unit is pretty bad.
Let me share some pics because i this point im not sure if this unit is useless.
This...
4th of July after a day in the water going back o the docks the propeller stopped spinning
I turned the engine of/on and put the gear in forward and reverse, I also saw in the engine the
movement of the cable but it never got in to gear to bring me to shore.
Any advice how to start...
After looking for 2 weeks I finally found it
in case someone else steps into this night mirror... here it is
OMC Johnson Evinrude OEM 349060 Cover Trunnion
looking for this clam for a 2004 Johnson 90 HP Model J90PLSRR
This clam or anchor as you see in the pic holds the throttle cables in position attach to the engine block but no marine supply nor I cant find the part number,
Any suggestions?
Thanks in Advance :)
Hey everyone. So I just bought my first boat. Its a 2004 Glastron 170SX with a J 90 HP engine.
Before I take the boat out for first time I like to do a maintenance I’m sure what that is and if something I can do or a marina shop.
Any advice or suggestion