FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
so I have gotten my bottem end back on for the 8th time and I thought I had it. now when the moter is tilted up it seams to shift ok when I move the shift pin by hand without the cable attached, but when I drop the moter down it isn't shifting right. It is not staying locked in, it will ratchet...
when putting on the lower unit on my 1982 merc 80hp how is it best to tell when shift shaft and mercontrol are all in the same postion/gear. is shift shaft in neutral when it is in the middle position. ie. it will rotate a little to the port and to the starboard? any advice would be appreciated
I have a 1980ish merc outboard that I just put a newer lower unit on, out of the water it seems to shift into gear ok, but when I put it into the water and try to shift it into gear it doesn't want to go.It makes sounds like the gears are bouncing off of each other. If I rev up the rpms it will...
I have a 80hp 1980ish mercury outboard moter that I have put a different lower unit on. When the boat is out of the water it seems to shift into gear ok but when I put it in the water it does not want to shift into gear at the right rpm. from an idle speed going into forward i can hear the...