FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 175 black max that I slug a rod in while getting itvsummer ready. I have it on a 20 prostar mastercraft. I know someone who is selling a 225 with a 25" shaft and mine has. A 20" shaft . My question is how would this effect the performance of my boat with the shaft being 5" longer?
I have a 1989 mercury black max that is running hot under a laod at an idle in a no wake it runs hot but takes a long time and running wide open it does well but at about 3000 rpm it gets hot pretty quick but only when in gear. I have already changed the waterpump the chrome sleve in the water...
New to this site,seems like a good place to retrieve info. Yesterday I decided to run my boat and my tach and fuel guage are not working I tested the fuel guage and it works so I am leaning towards a loose ground and was wondering if anyone knew what area to look in. Boat is a 1989 mastercraft...