FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Just finished dropping the lower unit again and this last time I found drive oil on the drive shaft and on the water pump housing. From what I've read in other posts, it sounds like a messed up the upper seal during the re-install. What kind of effort time wise, difficulty, any special tools...
First time changing the impeller and I guess it shows. What did I forget to put back on? I remember other posts but haven't been able to find the answer.
5.0LX w/alpha 1 gen 2
Thanks for the help.
Been lurking awhile and wanted to get some opinions so I can have a game plan for this weekend. Boat shifted fine last year and the first time out this year it doesn't go into forward until I reach higher rpms which tends to be completely random (95 5.0LX Merc w/alpha 1 gen II). Reverse works...