FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey everyone,
I just needed a confirmation on a tube that I need to order.
I believe am dealing with the exhaust manifold and exhaust elbow (Circled in the picture). To the rear of that, is a rubber tube that connects to the exhaust manifold and exhaust elbow. That rubber tube is what I need...
I was doing a once over on the boat and started investigating my trim issues.
I noticed two wires with male ends just hanging out unplugged. I followed the wires and they went through the transom and what looked to be down into the stern drive.
Anybody know where they plug back into? I...
Hey everyone,
I was doing a once over on the boat and started it. When I did, the engine revved very quickly so I shut the motor down. I was wondering what the heck was going on. Tried it again and this time it slowly revved to a high RPM.
I started looking at the carb area and noticed some...
Hey everyone,
I was out boating the other day and had no issues starting the boat. I did a 20 minute stint down the river and as I put the boat into neutral, it died. I tried to start it and was at a loss of power. I went straight to the battery and noticed that the bolt on the positive side of...
I pulled the boat out of storage to get it ready for the boating season. I went out and bought a new battery with 550 CCA. Came home, installed the new battery and the boat fired right up.
I let it idle for about 20 minutes and then shut it down. I went to start it again about 5 minutes later...
I recently aqcuired a 1987 Four Winns Horizon 170 on a Shorelander trailer. The boat and trailer never left the lake house property where it was located so the trailer never had been registered. I cannot locate a title for the trailer...not even sure if there is titles for a trailer like a car...