FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi,
Have a 9.9 Yamaha 2-stroke, early 90's vintage....
As soon as I put it in gear and give it gas, it dies....
I did a carb clean by doing a dis-assembly and soak in carb cleaner... Also put in new needle and jet...
Reassemble and same thing...
I can keep it running by pumping fuel by...
Hi folks... first post here...
I recently disassembled the carb on my 6hp '89 Yamaha after diagnosing that I had a clogged main jet... (would start and then die when given throttle)
I took the carb out, cleaned it up... (it was not as bad as I thought it would look)
Main jet was clogged...