FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My trim pump only runs in the up position, when I try to lower the sterndrive the pump doesn't do anything, no noise at all. What should I check first? Thanks...
My 96 4.3L Mercruiser will stumble and stall after warm up. It only does it while in gear moving, if i stop put it in neutral and rev it up it won't stumble at all. My mechanic installed a aftermarket inline fuel pump and now theres a strong fuel smell even when the boat is moving at high...
I have a 96' Mercruiser 4.3L and I have been looking for a ICM for a few weeks now. The cost of a new one is over $400, is there a different part number for a different year or motor that would work without any problems on mine. I have seen some that look just alike but with different part...
Has anyone done this before? My ICM is bad and I don't want to pay $500 for a new one.
I can buy a new HEI aftermarket distributor for $180 with built in coil. Any suggestion?
The motor is a 96 Mercruiser 4.3LX