FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 69' 80hp 800 thunderbolt. I rewired the mercontols I had with one of those turn-key choke 6 connector ingitions. The motor wil turn over but I cant get it to start I pulled one of the plugs and put it on the block and see on spark if that works. I just wont fire. I did have it running...
Not sure if the pistons are rusted up or not. the moter has been sitting for awhile. The gears seem to be working and I pulled off the pull cord but I cant get the flywheel to turn. Is it rusted up or is there something im not doing? If it is rusted up is there anyway I can break it free? Thank...
I resently rewired the ignition, how do I find out if the choke solenoid is working. I you one of those key/choke ignitions. The choke should open when I push and turn the key right.
Why would the pull cord be stuck and how do I fix it? Also I have a 69' 80hp
800, if there is 12V at the soleniod and at the starter but the the starter wont engage the fly-wheel the starter is bad right. Ayone have an idea. Thanks.
I had mercontrols that I rewired to one of those key+choke switches with the6 connectors ont the back. I wired it the following way;
Wiring Harness New Switch
Red-12V B-battery
Black-ground M-magnito
Yellow-12V to...
I have mercontrols for my motor. Is one of the cables for throttle and one for gears. How does choke work? I rewired the control with one of those six connection key choke type switches. Can anyone explain. Thanks.
I asked the other day about my starter. I rewired the ingition with one of those start and choke type 6 connection swithch. I wired it just like this boat shop said. I did get the boat to turn over but did not fire. I think I flooded the motor also. I tried to start the next day it turned over...
I re-wired the ignition switch. It works but I am have problems with the starter not popping up and engaging the fly-wheel. Sometimes it will and sometimes it wont. It will usually engage at firtst than it wont. Please help???????
I'm have a problem with the gear on the starter popping up a engaging the fly-wheel. It was working until I re-wired the ignition. I tried starting the motor and sometimes it will pop up and turn the fly-wheel and than it wont. Any answers please anyone?:confused:
I have a 69' 80hp mercury and a mercontrol box. I need to replace the ingnition switch and choke button. Can I use a push the key in type electric choke that has 6 connectors on it. Anyone know how I could wire this up? I cant find a replacement key switch or a choke button like the original...