FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I replaced the lower unit on this old motor, got it back together and the water pump wasn't pumping. Pulled it back out and fixed that problem, but after getting it all together, took it to the lake and it started right up and started moving away from the dock in forward. I took it out and it...
Long story, short -- I bought an old Glastron with a 50ESL73R motor. Did not take it out to test, but the guy assured me everything ran fine. Took it out and could not get it to go in gear. Drained the lower unit -- water, gray lube, filings. Manual told how to take lower unit out -- finally...
I just drained the gear lube from the lower unit on this old motor and it was gray and milky. I just received the boat and motor and wanted to change the gear lube. I understand I need Type C, but also wanted to change the nylon washers from the vent and drain screws -- the upper one had not...
I just bought an old boat with the original 73 Johnson 50 hp and took it down to the lake to try it out. Seller said that he replaced the lower unit (the one on there now is black). The motor started just fine, pumping water, and the controls seemed to work, but it will only go into reverse...