FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
After spending the entire winter disassembling and reassembling with a few new parts I have finally got it all together and running way better. Among the defects 2 broken coil packs, 1 broken ignition wire, wrong spark plugs, missing cam roller, loose timing linkage. I only broke 1 bolt the...
I broke down and pulled the shift cable and found I can barely pull or push the cable so that will need replacing. I bench tested the throttle control and it all works smoothly since I tore it apart cleaned it up some and lubed it real good. I did notice the throttle cable is new and now have...
It's been a while but the flywheel key is fine and I have not solved the idle issue but realize it's beyond my capability and will require some professional assistance. I have had it in the water and it runs great at throttle although I am having an issue with the throttle binding up when trying...
My plan is to put it in the water today and check the tach. All I have is the dash tach but it will have to be good enough. I did get it in the 1100-1200 range. It runs rough. I am going to contact the seller and ask how long he let it sit in the yard because the last time I had this problem I...
I did not but that's a good suggestion. I was only using the tach on the dash out of the water. I will definitely try that hopefully tomorrow. Good suggestion. I will keep you informed. You obviously have more knowledge about outboards than me. I'm very experienced with engines but not so much...
the compression test was 115-120 on all 4 with cold motor. Excellent spark as well. Just a note but I turned the idle down the other day and when I started it this time it was right at 2000. Also I noticed paint on the TDC Mark and from experience I put paint on the mark I'm trying to set it to...
So the compression test was 115-120 on all 4 with cold motor. Excellent spark as well. Just a note but I turned the idle down the other day and when I started it this time it was right at 2000. Also I noticed paint on the TDC Mark and from experience I put paint on the mark I'm trying to set it...
so the compression test was 115-120 on all 4 with cold motor. Excellent spark as well. Just a note but I turned the idle down the other day and when I started it this time it was right at 2000. Also I noticed paint on the TDC Mark and from experience I put paint on the mark I'm trying to set it...