FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I've been checking out the Yamaha parts list and noted that the part numbers are different between a 1989 2.6L 150 and the 175/200 block. However for other years the part number is the same.
Does anybody out there know what the differences are in the blocks?
Could I easily convert the 150 to...
Hello Folks
Just looking for some info on the 1996ish 200HP 90degree V6's?
. Known issues
. Fuel consumption as compared to 175HP V6 Looper (Currently own and run one of these) (rebuilt last year with help from the crew here, thanks to those guys)
. Performance improvements, etc...
The...
Back ground, Motor was just been rebuilt by me and all things were going well.
Details from previous post. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=537626
OK Folks, I have got this thing back together and it fired up and run well on the ears in the drive way.
I am running a pre mix of 50:1...
Re: 91 175 Intruder Cylinder Heads
So after a long wait the block is back from machining.
It's been so long I have forgotten which direction the pistons should face.
I know the Oil hole in little end faces up.
Pictures of the port and startbord pistons in block, with markings visible (No Rods...
Re: 91 175 Intruder Cylinder Heads
Here's some pics of the rough bore.
Cleaned up the tops of the pistons tonight while I'm waiting for the correct socket to undo the conrod bolts.
I had a sneaking suspicion that this motor had been stripped down before and it was confirmed when I discovered...
Hi Folks
I am about to rebuild my 91 175 Intruder and after looking at the parts list I noticed that the part numbers for the block and heads lasted for 1 year only.
91 Heads - 0335196
91 block - 0434567
92 onwards heads - 0338311
92 - 93 block - 0435282
My questions are:
. Where there...