FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi,
Volvo stern drive 290 is not able to raise unless I release the "retaining pawl" by hand.
I have seen the posts about the 280 & how the pins can get stuck, but it looks to me like the 290 does not use this system - I can't see a push rod.
How it is supposed to release?
Andrew
Hi,
I've got a 1983 Volvo Penta diesel - AQAD40/290. It has been stuck down as long as I've owned it (3 years).
There is oil in the hydraulics & the motor runs (endlessly) - so I'm guessing that the release thingy is stuck?
In reading others' posts, they mention a "manual release" - anyone...