FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1996 Force 85hp Ho856X86L that I am having trouble getting good water flow.
I have Changed impeller and the thermostat. Everything looks good but when I sit at an idle or very low speed the high temp alarm comes on. I punch it and the alarm goes off and I can see good flow again.
I...
Re: Installing BusBar with Perko Switch Help
Thanks for the help Silvertip, I searched and read dozens of posts about this but NONE OF THEM said anything about where to put the busbar. My issue is where the busbar goes and if I need to ground it.
So you are saying:
Pigtail off the com of the...
I have a Perko switch for my two batteries but I also have a minbus (busbar) that I need to connect. BLU2304
I am needing to know two things.
1) Where do I connect the busbar? I was thinking of using a pigtail from Perko switch #2 to busbar then on to Bat2 +
2) Do I need to ground the busbar in...
I am looking for a GPS for the boat. I don't have a lot to spend so I was looking at the hand held West Marine has on sale (GPSMAP 76cx) for $179
I was told that this GPS does not have the maps and I would have to buy the BlueChart G2 for another $150
Q: Do I have to buy the BlueChart G2 in...
Motor 1986 Force 85HP model#856X6L Ser#2768
Seloc book shows there were several Lower Units put on the Force motors this year.
Q: Can anyone tell me what lower unit I have? (there are six mounting bolts)
I also have one bolt that will not break free. Any ideas on how to get it free? I don't...
I went to start the boat and it would not start. I thought it was the Solenoid because I could jump accross +/- posts and it would fire up. Replaced Solenoid and I still have the same issue.
So, in order to get my fishing trip in I ran a wire from + and one from - to a toggle switch and have...
I have a Bayliner Capri w/ force 85hp (1988) and it is a maual tilt/trim. What is the cheapest way to add Power Tilt/Trim to this motor? I am disabled and can NOT lift this motor everytime I take my son fishing. PLEASE HELP.