FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello, fairly new to the site but I really appreciate any input I can get. I just bought a 93 Merc 9.9 for my little lobster fishing skiff and spent some money getting a new impeller/service overhaul (less the carb work) to make sure I started fresh with the maintenance.
After getting it...
Can anyone recommend a good 2 stroke mechanic in the San Diego area (north county if possible) that specializes in older engines? I have a 1960 Evinrude and I want to have it looked over before I take it too far outside the harbor and get stuck with engine problems. It seems to be running fine...
I saw a response to a post a while back with several websites pertaining to records of old vintage boat manuals. I lost the bookmark and can't find it again. Can anyone assist in finding these websites? It would be a great help....thanks!
I'm not sure which model it is because it is a friends boat and I don't have access to it right now but it is electric start. Can anyone help with the ratio? thanks
My friend and i just went in together to buy a "fixer-upper" and we are really into older boats. We bought a 1960 Performer Sportsman 14'7" and it's got an Evinrude 33hp two stroke (looks original). I cannot find ANYTHING on the internet regarding old pictures or any trace that there are other...